Thursday, January 08, 2009

Endless Space

Hiding from myself


pulling down the shade


shutting out the world


attempting to remain


encased within my


lonely place numbed


by loss forgetful of the


passing days unaware


of times escape it blends


into an endless space


hours, days, nights, weeks


all smudge themselves


falling into nothingness of


days I can't recall


how can I explain myself


so you will understand


when in fact I'm hiding


from myself...lost somewhere


in confusion unaware so


terribly unaware that my


detachment is hurting you


forgive me and say a silent


prayer that soon this grief


and sorrow will become


easier to bear for then I


will return to be the mother


that you know and demonstrate


forever true love that we have known.







©2009Pauline


1-8-09

2 comments:

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Praying for you Pauline

twilite said...

Hi Pauline! Well-expressed experience of grief.

Trust you will get through and out...as the old saying goes: time heals! Hope you're not feeling sorry for self though.

Take care and God bless.