Thursday, June 22, 2006

Whisper Softly

Although your parents were not my own
They took me in and shared their home
A list of chores and rules to follow
Sprinkled with hugs and kisses
They gave of themselves as parents do
Months and years slipped passed
Then the day came for me to say goodbye
Adopted for a while, or at least it seemed
Your parents were so special to me
They weaved a fine silk into my life
Strengthening desire to dedicate my
Efforts to emulate them.
I am sorry that you were forced to share
Two remarkable people that I love so dear
If I could go back and change the hands of time
It would be my wish to once again share that
Family but I would whisper softly in your ear
"I am only here for a few short years"
"And what you have, is all your own"
I am just adopted for awhile
This is my foster home.

written by Pauline August, 2001 (c) for Larry

No comments: