Friday, September 07, 2007

By Chance Or Gift

Discovered an estate close by
A door was open so I ventured
Inside to find breathtaking
beauty of a life now passed
an estate not open to the public
yet by chance or gift the door
was open and I wandered the
halls with camera touching
beautiful memories as I walked
past sitting rooms with paintings
of family
gardens overflowing with flower
blooms
a woodland trail beckoned me
and its path I followed
soft sunlight shone upon the trees
leading to a rhododendron path
to greet me
the sheep and hens the kitchen
garden were mine for a small while
a morning gift of nature's touch
aroused within me a joy
an embrace of nature and its
healing grace
all for the price of a morning
drive on a road to history

Pauline September 7, 2007 ©

5 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Pauline,
love the way you flutter thru the day, the beauty of life is having the time to enjoy each passing day

gP said...

you found your own secret garden. Wish everyone finds their treasure on the road now and then, it will make the world a happier place.

Nessa said...

A momentary glimpse into another life and time.

Jackie's Garden said...

I wanna go, too! I wanna go, too!

Pauline said...

quasar, I'm trying...

ghost particle, yes a wonderful discovery.

goldennib, stepping back into history is much more fun for me through such visual aids. I cannot reap this deapth from a book.

jackie's garden, I'll take you ther in pictures :)

goldennib, game time uncertain; I may have to be a spectator on this one...