Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Thank you for being supportive during this period of transition. I have been consumed with my own loss; thus unable to focus on the fact that you have lost a very special connection in your own life.

Dad was a very good man. He was kind-hearted and tender, very sensitive. Aye, O.K. he was sloppy and held onto every nut and bolt! He loved to bring old things home to repair sometimes they just waited for repair. I would joke about this with him telling him his appreciation for antiques was comforting to me for it assured me that he wouldn’t trade me in for a newer model. Then we would smile at each other.

Your father was a man who enjoyed nature: the ocean waves brushing against the shore, the power of a hawk in flight above the roadway. He loved feeding the birds each day before work and in the afternoons so we could observe them in the garden. Dad loved working the gardens for exercise and its closeness to nature in a city setting. Dad loved all people and even more people that had an interest in cars. He was a deeply spiritual man and we shared many beautiful events together in many different churches with different names. Dad read the bible every morning before work.

Your father was a romantic and faithful husband. Dad would tell me every day “this is where I want to be, with you. I don’t need anything else!” Dad had no hunger for material things; he enjoyed the intangible gifts of faith and love and family.

Dad loved you and was very proud of the person you have become. He basked in your accomplishments and proudly expounded them to any willing listener.

I do not know where my life will go from this time and place but always your father will be with me, for so many wonderful memories can never be erased.

Forever he will watch over us for that rarest form of love never dies.

Today, this “Father’s Day” he sends through me blessings, peace, and love with the added comfort that he smiles on you from above.


Love Dad






Written by Mom May 10, 2008© Pauline

No comments: